Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Converge !

Uhmmm I was chatting to one of my mates and she told me she spends now lots of time down in Stickam; I had never heard of it (so the word-of-mouth advertising is not working anymore?), but it looks just like a more "converged" version of MySpace ! I do remember the good old days when cuseeme and netmeeting came along to start the "video social networking", now with bandwidth being a commodity, and the web maturing ("2.0"), it is easy to see sites like Stickam "stick" out more (cheesy!) and acquiring more and more subscribers.

Still the problem is how to make the business model ! I find the way google ads are introduced into myspace annoying, sometimes links move around because of the dynamics with the advertising ... not good! (before you go about ... "http://www.myspace.com/joshcruz" is not me ... so no jokes!). For advertising to work out, it has to be less intrusive ... how ? well, that is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, no one is going to publish any ideas anywhere!

I have some other ideas I need to structure, so I will leave them for new posts.

No comments: